Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Etch -A -Sketch Poem

I just love this poem. I wrote it seven years ago! This is copywrited work from Janxybaby. And now I share it with you.

Etch- A- Sketch

You drew me with a crayon
And grasped the roundness of my face
The shirt I wore was rayon
It's amazing how you capture every trace
Sketches of my memory
Are perforated to the page
It's shocking how you mimic me
Through painted lines that show my age
You used a bounty of colors
In different textures of brown
There's no adjective that can cover
My aura and all it surrounds
The likeness of my mother
Was caught like the lense of a camera
The red and gray colors fought
To reflect my true inner stamina
Your portrait of me
Was soo much more than an average picture
You drew my inner light
With a fire of unwavering flicker
To see a mockery of myself
Through the hands of a learned teacher
I can't explain how I felt
When I saw the portrait of this beautiful creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment