Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Friendship.....Handle with care

Well the holiday season is upon us and it just wouldn't be the same without the trauma and dramas that comes along with it. Lately I've been thinking about friendships and just how fragile they really are. I'm currently going through a cold war with a certain friend. We had a dissagreement and the next thing I know a month passed and we still weren't talking. Why she choose to take this path I don't know. But I knew that I was right and she was wrong and because of that, I wasn't budging. She recently made contact with me and I'm prepared for us to have one major conversation about our dissagreement and then bury the hatchet. A friend.... I mean a true friend knows when to let things go to forgive and forget. I don't throw things in people's faces because I know how petty that is. A real friend doesn't do such things. I know she's eager to fill me in on her life. I can only imagine the traumas and dramas she's experienced over this past month we weren't talking and me likewise. And like a friend.... I mean a true friend, I will listen intently reserving judgement and only occasionally giving my opinion when it's requested or direly needed. I received a frantic phone call from a different friend last night. She's been having a lot of difficult life issues lately and we spoke about the issues a few times, just light surface conversations. But I knew there was a tornado coming my way. She wore a pretty mask and put up a good front about her problems. And like a friend...... A true friend, I didn't push or pull her to open up to me. I was able to see the cracks and crevices in her mask but was determined not to go any further than she wanted to. I knew I had to step back and handle the relationship with care. The tornado finally touched ground last night and it was a hell of a tornado she unleashed on me. But like a friend.... I mean a true friend, I held her hand in the storm and reserved judgement and tried to use the whole ten percent of my brain power to help her. I told her to stay strong and never give up faith. Her situation is bleak at the moment, but like a friend...... A true friend I continued to find the rainbow inside her storm. Now that I'm in my thirties I have matured, checked my ego, realized that jealousy can be tamed, and friends come in all shapes and sizes. Every relationship must be handled with care. Regardless of the box it arrives in.

Janxy

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, true friends come 1 and a million!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janxy, there are 40 and 50 year olds without your wisdom about friends and friendship. I learned early to let toxic friends go and only keep the ones healthy for me. Sometimes it is tough when you have to let someone go. Yet I do when necessary. Brava to you for hanging tough when your friends are crashing. They will remember your strength, fortitude and selflessness when their crises are over. Brava!

    ReplyDelete